Going on a road trip? Don’t go yet! Prepare this fruit slushy recipe before you travel!
First, prepare the following equipment and ingredients.
- A high-quality juice blender from http://juicerkings.com/best-blenders-for-crushing-ice/
- Cutting board
- Measuring cup
- 1 c. of ice
- ¼ c. of sparkling water
- 1½-2 c. of chopped fresh fruit
- Basil – Combines perfectly with berries
- Ginger – Can be mixed with any fruit
- Honey – Goes well with sour fruits
- Lemon – Ideal for any slushy
- Lime – Blends well with other fruits especially with mango
- Mint – Ideal to be paired with tropical fruits like watermelon
- Vanilla – Gives a heavenly taste to a mango slushy
- Clean your chosen fruit by rinsing it with water.
- Make sure to chop it to an appropriate size so that it can fit the feed of your blender. Remove the pits. Regarding the skin, it’s up to you if you want to peel them off or leave them.
- Use a measuring cup to help you come up with 1½ to 2 cups of the fruit.
- Add the fruit, the sparkling water, and the ice in your high-quality blender. This is the time to add the optional ingredients too.
- Set the blender on high and allow the ice to be crushed completely. Wait till the ingredients have blended.
- Examine the consistency and if necessary, put more ice or fruit depending on your preferred texture. If the fruit you chose is made up of lots of water like watermelon, you might want to lessen the amount of ice during your preparation time.
- Let the blender finish its job.
- Transfer the juice to your favorite glass and indulge right away! Slushies must be consumed immediately because melted ice can affect the taste of the juice. If you’re going to travel, transfer it to a thick bottle and store the bottle in a pre-cooled cooler to prevent the ice from thawing fast.